Thursday, August 14, 2008

Prayers for the Babies

We just learned today that a family we know gave birth recently only to have to say goodbye to their baby the same day. I was talking with Sabrina about how this little one went to Heaven to join Nicholas and Olivia, and she took it in stride. Then she asked, "When will baby Gavin die?"

**SIGH** I took some time to remind Sabrina that not all babies go to heaven, that in fact, very few of them actually do. We just know more of them than other people. So, we prayed for all the babies tonight, and in my own prayers I ask the Lord to restore Sabrina's innocence and to surround her with babies to play with and enjoy.

3 comments:

Hannah said...

G has made comments like this too. It just breaks my heart...

Praying for Sabrina's heart, and yours...

V. said...

{{{{ HUG }}}}

V.

Misty said...

Sheesh, you talked about the alien thing but it never occured to me that Sabrina would normalize her experience with the twins. I know that God can redeem that...