Wednesday, October 29, 2008

November

I recently took advantage of a Black's online sale on photo prints and made about 3 sets of pictures of Nicholas and Olivia. As I sat down today to date them and put them in order, it struck me that there are no pictures at all in the month of November.

I missed a whole month of Olivia's six-month life. Now, I know that I was at the hospital with Nicholas and that was just as important, but I remember thinking at the time, "I'll have the rest of Olivia's life to enjoy her and spend time with her...I don't know how long I have with Nicholas..."

I can't even say what I would have done if I knew then what I know now. How do you balance your time between two terminally ill children?

3 comments:

Lisa said...

What a sad discovery. The "if only's" plague us so much, don't they? Was it difficult to look through the photos?

Lisa said...

I just looked through the photos on the link you have for "Everyday Miracles". I was browsing through her gallery, when up popped your two sweeties! What a beautiful photo. There is one of Sabrina on there too, right? Are there a lot more like them? Is there a link anywhere to more photos of your children? We had a professional photographer friend take photos of Amryn and cherish them... With Rachel, we didn't think of it at the time...

mom_of_4 said...

I love looking through my pictures. Sometimes it hurts because they were so sweet and it leads to wondering what they would be like now. But mostly it's a good way to reconnect with them.

And you're right...there are a lot of professional photos taken by Sherri, but we don't have the digital rights so I can't post them here. I'm SO glad Corrie prompted me to book a photo session because we got some amazing pictures of us with the twins.

Most of my favorite photos of the twins are posted here throughout the blog.