Monday, August 3, 2009

Petition to Cure SMA

I was introduced to a petition to cure SMA on Georgia's Journey a while back. I didn't sign it right away. I don't know why.

I've avoided most things SMA. We've focused on other things, namely the Children's Hospital, and our own healing. I don't visit SMA sites very often, and am not a member of any SMA organization.

I think it overwhelms me. Those things that are too big for me to fix or wrap my head around, I tend to put aside. I was so totally blindsided by SMA and its unstoppable destruction that once Nicholas & Olivia passed away I wanted no more of it. There was nothing I could do about it anyway, right?

Well, that's exactly the defeatist attitude that never gets anything done about anything. So I'm grateful for the fight that Georgia's mom has put up against SMA and today I joined in. I signed the petition, and I would like to encourage you to do so as well: