Thursday, January 12, 2012

Remembering Olivia

Where has my little Livvie gone?  Where is the sister that belongs between the oldest and the youngest?  Where is the tiny bright one?

Olivia's death was so desolate because we thought she was to be our consolation.  We were determined that her loss would not be the death of hope as well.  We were determined that hope would continue on.

That's a lot of responsibility for a baby girl, but I think she would have been able to handle it.  I was so curious to see the woman she would grow up to be.  I could see a glimpse of it in the little person she was.

Olivia Hope, what more can I say?  You already know my heart.  Peace, little one.

But I am like an olive tree
   flourishing in the house of God;
I trust in God’s unfailing love
   for ever and ever.

For what you have done I will always praise you
   in the presence of your faithful people.
And I will hope in your name,
   for your name is good. 

Psalm 52:8-9

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, "little Peach" we did think of you as our consolation and hope does continue on. "But if we hope for what we do not yet have, we wait for it patiently", Rom. 8:25. I will see you again and hold you again, but for now, I treasure the time I had with you and hold it near to my heart. Lovingly remembered by your Gramma.

Anonymous said...

Little Livvy how blessed we were just to have you for a short time..you are still so loved and thought about so often..i thank God for sharing you with us..xxxooo

Anonymous said...

I never got to hold you, to see your beautiful smile with my own eyes, but you are not forgotten my sweet. Your little spirit lives on and will stay with us forever....xxxooo