Sunday, April 27, 2008

Eternity

My children, Nicholas and Olivia, live in eternity. They have gone on ahead of me, and that brings me great comfort and a lot to look forward to. Their presence there has removed the apprehension I used to feel about death.

Corrie has chosen eternal life. In fact, he did so on the day Nicholas died. He knew what he needed to do to ensure that his family would be together forever. He's such a great dad.

I chose eternal life many years ago. But I hadn't started living in it until recently.

Living with an eternal perspective changes the entire way I relate to this world. This is not all there is. I do not have to worry and scurry, hustle and bustle, collect and keep, hoard and accumulate, try to get younger and richer, or sweat the small stuff. Or even the big stuff. Don't get me wrong - I am in fact human, and I do many of those things a lot of the time. But when I let God cover it with His grace, He makes all things right again. He restores my soul and resets my perspective back to an eternal one. Then I can put my priorities back into order.

No comments: