Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Remembering Hope

Wait and hope for and expect the Lord; be brave and of good courage and let your heart be stout and enduring. Yes, wait for and hope for and expect the Lord.
Psalm 27: 14(AMP)

I've been going through and working with my photos and home movies lately, with the final goal being complete backups to put into the safety deposit box, and memory DVD's and photobooks created so that all that can be remembered of Nicholas & Olivia is not forgotten.

We're also heading into the time of year in which this journey began. As I posted previously, I don't feel the need to dwell there, in "this happened around this time last year", but as I go through pictures and movies I remember.

God is so good. What I remember this time is the hope. We were so full of hope! If you were to look back on the events of a year ago with bitterness, you would think our hope was foolish. But if you can look back on everything that happened through the lens of the Truth, you can see how God used hope to strengthen us, sustain us, hold us up, and pull us through.

And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.
Romans 8:28 (NKJV)

4 comments:

Misty said...

One thing I have realized in the past few days is how our friendship has changed. I always considered us to be fairly close but somehow we seem to have found a deeper level of relating. I have seen deeper connections of some sort happen in many relationships all around you. Seeing how amazingly 'good' a lot of people are gives me hope. I may not understand what happened it gives me hope to see that good can come out of such an aweful situation.

You were not foolish to hope. God is good and you believed in His goodness. In some ways even when you are angry you believe in His goodness which is why you are angry (that's my theory of the day.)

Anonymous said...

Hi Lisa, I think about our beautiful babies everyday, I don't want to think back to last year when everything started to fall apart, I want to remember how Nicholas and Olivia changed everyone of us for the better. What you wrote couldn't be any more true. We had to Hope what else could we do.
We have wonderful memories and will cherish everyone of them. So many people love those babies and never even had the opt to meet them. I will alway miss them and someday I will get to hold the two of them and smell there wonderful baby smell, talk to Olivia like she was a grown up and watch the price is write with Nicholas.
Thankyou for writing you truly make it easy for us to not dwell when we see how strong you are.
I love you, your sis. Tricia

Hannah said...

I haven't commented in a long time, but I continue to be encouraged by your faith and trust--you provide such a testimony of God's goodness.
Thank you!

Anonymous said...

HOPE what a Big word ,yet only 4 letters. everytime i read your blog you never cease to amaze me . God has given you so much strenght but 100 times more wisdom,Lis. How i hope!!one day that we all will be able to understand the whys and what happened!! Keep writing , it gives me lots to think about . thankyou.. I love YOU.. mom XXXOOO