Monday, July 18, 2011

4 Years Already

This year marks what would have been Nicholas & Olivia's 4th birthday.  Here's a picture of Sabrina from the day of her 4th birthday:
Wow.  They would have been little kids by now.

As the time since they left this earth grows longer and longer, I find that this day is more of a remembrance for me than it is a celebration of another milestone for them.  I can't help but think this way.  They are now ageless in Heaven and to celebrate a traditional birthday for them just doesn't make sense anymore.

This is the day that I gave birth to twins.  4 years ago already.  They did actually exist on this earth.  They did come for a purpose, that was accomplished in its fullness, as the Lord willed.  I would have done it all over again, just for the exquisite pleasure of being their mom for the time I was given.

Happy Birth-day, my darlings.  We remember you today.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yes , we were blessed with their darling little precence for a short time.. but in that time we learned so much from them.. i miss them today so very much.. but i know that they are happy in heaven with Jesus.. HAPPY Birthday my sweet grandchildren.... love forever grammaxxxxxxxoooooooo