Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Aunty Tricia

I still have two beautiful bouquets of pink carnations in my house from Nicholas & Olivia's birthday party. They remind me so much of Olivia and her Aunty Tricia. Tricia works as a florist, and can be counted on for always providing the perfect flowers for our special occasions and celebrations. I love how she can bring that touch of beauty whenever we gather together.

Aunty Tricia is my sister-in-law, my brother's wife. We love her a lot and are so glad to have her in our family. After we had the twins, she actually came and stayed with us for a while more than once to help us out. We knew that if we were at the end of our rope and needed "reinforcements" that she would rearrange her responsibilities and come and help whenever we needed her.

Aunty Tricia had a way with Olivia, a special bond. Livvie was colicky and difficult to feed and keep calm for her first three months. We were afraid to change anything in her routine because she would usually overreact and would take a really long time to settle. Then Tricia came along and turned all our theories upside-down. She would strip Olivia down to her diaper and let her roll around while we would have wrapped her up snug and warm in a blanket. She would talk and sing and play with Livvie when we would have been trying to rock her to sleep. Olivia was fascinated with her.

Tricia came along when we really didn't know what to do anymore. I'm so thankful to God for sending people like her at just the right time. Pink carnations not only remind me of Olivia, but of Tricia's heart.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok Lisa, You have made Auntie Tricia cry. I am touched by your words! I love you all very much and am blessed to have been able to spend as much time with our beautiful babies. Not a day goes by without thinking about them, they have touched my life in so many ways. They have made me a better person.
Love you Tricia

Anonymous said...

You said it right,Lisa. I,too want to say how happy I am that she is part of our family. She's like a daughter to me and I love her dearly.
Love,Mom.