Thursday, March 12, 2009

Revelation

I have been wondering for a while if and when this blog is coming to its natural end. My friend Misty keeps telling me I have more to say. So, I find it ironic that after my last post, basically saying there isn't anything more to say, that I have been inspired to write another post.

I was at Bible study. As our teacher was talking about how some of us present had had "big prayers" prayed over them that were yet to realized, my mind went immediately to some of the prayers Nicholas and Olivia had prayed over them. A Spirit-filled young woman had prayed that Nicholas would be a "mighty man of God," and I treasured that prayer as truth. I was confused when his life was cut short here on earth. His destiny was not yet fulfilled. Our pastor prayed that Olivia would become a healer, one of peace. Another prayer my heart ached to see incomplete.

My skepticism quickly turned to revelation as I saw in my mind's eye a picture of Nicholas and Olivia as young adults. More than alive. They were like the warriors of old, as in a legend, shining like the sun. And then I realized that their destiny has been fulfilled - I just can't see it yet.

I have drawn a great deal of comfort from the revelation that I could relate to them as people and not just as babies. That has been a great joy in my relationship with Sabrina as she has grown older, and I grieved not being able to have that with my twins. And again, I am awed by the knowledge that our circle is unbroken.

1 comment:

V. said...

Maybe THIS blog is done. Maybe it served it's purpose while you needed it, and maybe it's time to explore what lies beyond....

Not having much more to say, says that the subject has reached a closure for you - celebrate that..!

Much has been built in to you and you have much to share...embrace that..!

...don't stop blogging...!!!

V.