Sunday, March 22, 2009

Ten Thousand Years

When we've been here ten thousand years -
bright shining as the sun.
We've no less days to sing God's praise -
then when we've first begun.

Ever since I saw Nicholas and Olivia on the other side, I've had this chorus of Amazing Grace running through my head. It is such a beautiful image of the timeless glory we will enter into one day.

I've been thinking a lot about how God really sees us. When I see a person, I see them as they are at that moment. But God sees us from beginning to end. A culmination of who we were, who we are now, and who we are going to be. When someone leaves this earth we grieve over a life cut short. A life interrupted. Maybe we are looking at it from the wrong perspective. A limited perspective.

When I saw my children in perpetuity as babies, I limited them to who they were. Incomplete. Interrupted. Cut short. Now that I have seen them as the completion of who they are, I rejoice. As a mother, that's what I long for. To see my children to grow into who God made them to be.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

What a wonderful post and an amazing perspective- thank you!