Saturday, April 11, 2009

Comfortable

I've been restless lately. Wondering if life has become too comfortable again. I seem to easily settle into a state of inertia where my routine is my god. Go to work, home again, supper, time with Sabrina, settle on the couch for the evening. Praying that I don't waste my time in idleness but not doing anything to change it.

It's the same life I had before Nicholas & Olivia came along. And that's what concerns me. I've been crying out in prayer for balance, thinking that balance meant more time at home. Readers, do you know how subtle and relentless the Enemy of your soul is? He had turned something as simple and beautiful and godly as home into an idol to trip me up. God's response to my prayers for balance was more restlessness, so that I would continue to seek Him and discover what His best was for me. And I was only able to hear that after a crazy day of work, swimming lessons, then meeting a very wise friend for a late-evening tea. I love the way God works!

I realized that I was again seeking my own definition of balance instead of allowing Him to define it for me. Did you know that anything that you invest into Him gets returned back many times over? That doesn't only apply to money. It works for time, too.

1 comment:

Dana said...

I am sure I will come back to your words again and again. Very profound, and challenging. Thank you for sharing your insight.