Friday, April 3, 2009

The Time is Now

There are some things in my life that I've been waiting for. But it struck me the other day that I might be focusing my energy into either waiting or anticipating instead of engaging in what is going on around me right now.

When Moses asked God, "Suppose I go to the Israelites and say to them, 'The God of your fathers has sent me to you,' and they ask me, 'What is his name? Then what shall I tell them?' " God said to Moses, "I am who I am . This is what you are to say to the Israelites: 'I AM has sent me to you.' "

God defines Himself as present reality. He IS. That means He is in what's going on around me. I want to be deliberate about acknowedging the wonder of that.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

So often I log onto your blog and what I read really resonates with me...like you're reading my mind! Just yesterday I told my sister that it feels like I'm always waiting for something, but I don't know what. It can sometimes make my days very slow- I just can't get started or motivated. What is it that will get me going? What am I waiting for? Thanks for reminding me that the answer may be to just focus on the "now".