Thursday, July 16, 2009

A Most Blessed Day

My twins would have turned two this Saturday. It's already been about a year and a half since they passed away. I'm finding that the farther out on this grief journey I go, the more acceptance I live in for the way things are now.

This birthday is awkward for me. As their mother, I want to remember them on their special day, the day they share with their dad. I want to celebrate their entrance into the world.

But a birthday party just doesn't feel right this year. And I've decided that's OK. What we are doing, is buying them some birthday presents and bringing them to our friends at the Children's Hospital. This is a comforting ritual we started with their first birthday. And we're asking Sabrina what else we should do. As their big sister, I'm sure she'll come up with some good ideas.

So, for those of you who have been wondering, we are going to be celebrating a most blessed day. It may just not be in the way that you expect.

1 comment:

Momma bear said...

I totally get how you feel, I love the idea of bringing gifts to the hospital for their birthdays! Although I did not know your angels my thoughts and prayers will be with you on saturday. For thee most part we just get our angel abirthday balloon for his birthday but for his 10 we deicded to do a memorial/birthday party and just invite close family. Only no one came