Thursday, July 16, 2009

A New Blog?

I think I've launched a new blog. It's been forming for a while, created a few months ago but not worked on much, and today, I think it's finally ready to go. Or, I'm finally ready to get going on it.

It's not meant to replace this blog. Nicholas' Gift, Olivia's Hope has its own unique place and purpose in my life, and I've tried to say that it is done, but it just isn't done yet. (Misty, that one's for you...)

What I've needed is a place to sort out all the new things I've been learning about around homemaking, cooking, parenting, and living a healthy lifestyle. I believe that these changes in me and the way I want to life my life are a direct result of the journey I have gone through with Nicholas & Olivia and I need to share them in the same way I needed to share my grief journey.

I'll leave the exploring up to you. For those of you who know me, you won't be surprised. For those of you who don't know me, consider it a way to get to know me better. Enjoy! It's called mom_of_3 at home and the link is in my blog list below.

2 comments:

Kristen said...

Hi Lisa,

Happy Birthday to your beautiful twins. I think about you and them regularly. Your post for their birthday was beautiful.

I wanted to tell you that I read your post on the new blog but couldn't comment despite clicking on post a comment several times. Not sure what's going on. One trick that I recently tried with the girls is to offer them an ice cream instead of a McDonald's toy. I too hate all of the plastic toys around here. There are also some great companies out there that make environmentally friendly toys like Melissa and Doug, Blue Orange, Plan etc. They can be quite pricy however. Chapter's now carries some of their games.

I hope that you are finding strength today from the love that surrounds you and your beautiful family.

Kristen

mom_of_4 said...

Thanks Kristen! I fixed my comment settings so they work now. I didn't think to test it when I set up the new template.

If you don't mind, I would like to post this comment over there too. I like your ideas!

Lisa