Thursday, May 22, 2008

Changed

I hope that it is visible that I have been changed. Profoundly changed. I'm in a place where if it is not recognizable that I've changed, then it feels like everything we have been through as a family has been in vain.

A common thread from people who are trying to empathize with me from their own experiences, or who are trying to encourage me in my choices, is to affirm me for getting back into the things I was doing before. What they don't understand is that I'm not the same person I was before. I have had my eyes opened; I have a new perspective. The things I did before have to be reconciled with who I am now before I can be "back". It is important for me that I am being true to myself in all I do. Living this life actively embracing the things that I learned from Nicholas and Olivia is my way to honor and remember them.

No comments: