Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Conquered!

Saviour...He can move the mountains...My God is mighty to save...He is mighty to save...Forever...author of salvation...He rose and conquered the grave...Jesus conquered the grave…


I was on my way home when the song Mighty to Save came on the radio. It's one we have sung many times at church and when times were at their darkest, I tended to focus on the power of the lyric "My God is mighty to save..."

Today I heard the lyric "He rose and conquered the grave...Jesus conquered the grave…" Conquered! Conquered! I haven't had a chance to meditate on the depth of what this truly means yet, but I sure am excited to find out!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Lisa, Thanks for this post. How encouraging it is. I recently received a letter from our friend Joyce, and I would like to share a part of her encouragement to me. 1 Thessalonians 4:13,14: "Now we would not have you ignorant, brethren, about those who fall asleep (in death), that you may not grieve (for them) as the rest do who have no hope (beyond the grave). For since we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so God will also bring with Him through Jesus those who have fallen asleep (in death)." What struck me was "He will bring them with Him!" and that they are sleeping (resting). What you wrote and this verse put this in a whole new perspective for me. Thankyou for your encouraging words and I hope I've encouraged you too. Love, Mummy