Sunday, January 18, 2009

Talking and Remembering

I need to thank you. I was reluctant to share that I had been feeling lonely, but I resolved back at the beginning of this journey that I would stay real. After I poured my heart out in my last post, and poured it out again to God, good things have been happening today.

All of your lovely comments! Thank you for reminding me that I'm not alone in this. I knew it, but it's so nice to hear it.

Connections at church. I was so blessed by one particular conversation, where the person I was chatting with asked how I was doing, then felt uncomfortable and confessed that she never knew if she should ask how I was doing or not. Where the blessing in this is that for all those conversations I've had lately where no one asks anything about how our family is doing, I can take comfort in the thought that many of them wanted to.

Even in Facebook. In particular, I had a lovely message from someone we love and it was a real encouragement.

Don't get me wrong - it's not that I want everyone to be thinking about me and my family all the time. That's not my point here. But it's really hard to keep the memory alive of those who aren't with us here without talking and remembering. Maybe the next step in my journey is finding out how to do that.

4 comments:

Dana said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dana said...

Lisa, I often so moved by your posts and want to comment but just don't know what to say. We didn't get to know each other all that well, and it's been so long since I've seen you.

I am inspired and awed by your blog. You have such grace and insight.

I often think of you and your babies. Nicholas and Olivia live on in my thoughts.

love in Christ,
Dana

V. said...

I don't ask because I suck at it...but I am good at praying!

mom_of_4 said...

Thank you, friends