Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Don't Be Your Own Chiropractor

I believe that God speaks to us constantly. Through the Word, through our situations, through things that people say to us, and through the still, small voice that you hear in your thoughts and feel with your heart.

I was at my chiropractor today, and I mention her here because she is a gifted healer. God brought her and her husband (who is also a very good chiropractor) into my family to make Nicholas and Olivia's physical well-being on this earth as good as possible. So Family First Chiropractic has become a place where my children and I seek physical wellness. Anyway, I discovered today that even though I thought I was making marvelous progress, I have been undoing every adjustment she's made as soon as I leave the building. You see, I have developed a bad habit of cracking my neck and back when it feels "out". Apparently, this has been the equivalent to giving myself highly inappropriate chiropractic adjustments.

And can you believe it? The Spirit spoke to me through this example. I need to leave my healing up to the experts and stop trying to fix it when it feels uncomfortable or there's been no progress. In the physical realm, this translates to "Don't be your own chiropractor!" In the Kingdom, this translates to accepting the path that God directs for my emotional healing and not trying to "adjust" it when I think I need it.

No comments: