Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Why?

People out there are trying to figure this whole thing out. How could a family have beautiful twin babies that would die one after the other? Why would this happen? What kind of God would allow this? Friends, let me tell you as gently as I can. You can't figure it out. You just can't.

Even if you're not in a place where you can accept the concept of a sovereign God, you've got to admit that things happen to people every day that are out of anyone's control. Accepting that your life may not be your own and that it is not under your control can be a scary thing. I know that without the saving grace of Christ I would be asking why right along with you. Now I ask why not? Do we only accept the good things from God and not the bad?

I cannot control what happens to me and those I love, but I can control how I react to it. And I choose to react in a way that brings life.

No comments: