Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Nicholas' Gift


Starting this blog has been something on my mind since Nicholas passed away last November. So many people ask "how are you doing?" and I'd love to tell them but the answer doesn't fit into everyday conversation. I say "I'm doing OK" or "We're doing OK" and leave the rest unsaid. But I feel like these things should be shared, so here I am.

Can the death of a child bring a gift? My marriage has been strengthened. Our family has been brought closer together. I have a deeper and more intimate relationship with God that I never thought possible. We know how much we are loved. Years and years of prayers have been answered.

Would I trade all that to have my children back? Some days, yes!! Most of the time, I don't know... How could I interfere in a decision Almighty God made for our family in love and infinite wisdom and think even for a minute that I could do it better?

1 comment:

Rachel said...

I'm crying with you and for you. Your boy is beautiful.

The mysteries of God's love for us at times like these unfathomable, but the evidences of his love in your testimony ring bright and clear.